How to Apply - Fellowships
APPLYING FOR A LOUISVILLE INSTITUTE FELLOWSHIP
The Louisville Institute awards fellowships in response to well-written, persuasive applications. Competitive applicants will effectively communicate why they are applying to the particular fellowship program, how their academic work informs their interest in theological education, and how it will benefit the larger church.
How to Apply
Please review the Theological Education Fellowships page as well as the section on the particular fellowship program in which you are interested in order to assess your eligibility. Some portions of your fellowship application may be submitted online. To do so, you must first establish an account. This will enable you to begin and finish your fellowship application at different points in time and allow us to track your application data. To establish an account click here.
Louisville Institute fellowship applications include the following elements which may be submitted by uploading documents through our website or by e-mail attachments in either *.pdf or *.doc format to email@example.com by the annual deadline.
- Applicant Information Form and Application Summary
- Application Essay (double-spaced and typed in a 12 point font)
Fellowship programs also require one or more of the following, some of which may be submitted as e-mail attachments:
- Letters of recommendation should be sent by the letter writer directly to the Louisville Institute by the application deadline. While it is our preference to receive them by hard copy on letterhead, letters will be accepted on letterhead by email attachment in *.pdf or *.doc format or by fax, with hard copy to follow.
- Official transcripts of all previous academic work must be submitted in hard copy.
- Doctoral Fellowship Program Additional Information Form
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Program Additional Information Form
- Dissertation Fellowship Program Additional Information Form
- Selective bibliography for Dissertation Fellowship applications (2-3 pages double-spaced)
If you choose to send your entire proposal in hard copy, please assemble it using paper clips and not staples and mail to the office of the Louisville Institute by the annual deadline.
Fellowship applicants should clearly describe how their academic work informs their interest in theological education and how it will benefit the larger church.
Annual Fellowship Application Deadlines:
- Doctoral Fellowship Program - March 1 Click Here
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Program - December 1 Click Here
- Dissertation Fellowship Program - February 1 Click Here